A blog in which, I won't lie to you, I shall try to be witty and clever. Or at least one of the two.

Thursday 20 January 2011

Once more unto the breach dear friends...

Fresh from his completion of The Book Challenge 2010, Alex Freeman brings you his new blog, tentatively named 'Alex Writes Things', in which he will try very hard not to do things such as set the world to rights, or complain about his 'every1 hatez me, i loove my chem romance, omg loolz' life, but instead will hopefully avoid blog cliches, and instead focus upon his primary aim of being mildly amusing, in a way that means that at some point you might look back again, and using long words in almost appropriate ways.

Yes, after a couple of 2011 weeks of procrastination, the best way I could think of to open my new blog is through a fake book blurb.  Maybe appropriately seeing as how I have just finished reading a hundred books in a year and blogging all about them - did I mention that to you yet?  No?  Oh, well check it out.  And where to follow that up you ask.  Well, of course in writing even more, but this time not limiting myself to just talking about books.

I am positive that there are probably literally millions of blogs out there on the web with one single posting like this, whereby grand mission statements are laid out about this becoming the home for all people with the same viewpoint as this brave new writer on a mission to change the world, be it a politically minded nut, or an outraged Daily Mail reader (is there any other kind), and as thus, I shall try not to be too bold in my aims here.  Instead, I intend to write this blog because I quite like writing, and I think it'd be useful to keep it up.  If I don't manage an update each week, I shall be disappointed with myself, but I shall not count it as a failure if I don't and shall try to post more often.  If it is interesting at all, then please do come back to see my updates - you are more than welcome.  If you have only come here because I link incessantly on facebook, then apologies, but at least it proves that it works to post it there.

And what will it be about?  Well, I imagine that books will make an appearance.  And I do a lot of theatre, so probably some things about that.  And most likely some other topics, maybe serious(ish) but probably quite frivolous.  So long as I am actually doing some writing, then I am happy.

I like it very much when someone comments on my blogs, so please do, especially if you blog yourself.  I try and make a point of reading the blogs of anyone who posts them on facebook, so do let me know if you write.

In the meantime, I shall strive to think of something mildly amusing to say about something.  Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment